Thursday, February 10, 2011

The craziest facebook conversation ever thrust upon me

The person who initiated this conversation is a friend of my best friend (J). I've never actually met the friend (R) , but somehow she became convinced I was not really me, but J. What follows is unedited, except to replace names and clarify.  
T'day

10:26pm
Is this J

10:26pm
no
it's grace
but i'm J's friend

10:26pm
Grace in year
??

10:27pm
finished yr 12
why?

10:27pm
Oh ok sorry thorught u were her foR some reson

10:27pm
:P:P easy enough i suppose
but don't we have diffeernt names?

10:28pm
I don't know lol
Soz

10:28pm
that's okay

10:29pm
:)

[At this point, I decided just to mess with her a little, since she was already suspicious about my identity. Then the fun really began.]
 :)

10:29pm
actually, i am her

10:29pm
Omg
Who r u really
10:29pm
:P:P

10:30pm
Serious who r u

10:30pm
really i'm me

10:30pm
Ok bye
Thanks for lying

 [I am now talking with J, and we decide this is too funny to let it end here]

10:30pm
but no, i'm not J

10:31pm
Then who the fuck r u

10:31pm
i told you
i'm grace, her friend
and life partner

10:31pm
???

10:32pm
never mind

10:32pm
Can u just tell me the truth

[What probably amuses me most is that 95% of what I tell her is entirely true]

10:32pm
but i am!
i'm not her, but i'm her friend
ask her the next time you see her

10:33pm
Really then why do have a picture of her shoes

[J and I own a pair each of identical purple converse with matching laces]

10:33pm
huh?
her shoes?
where?
can you show me?
are you in her year?

10:34pm
On ur profile pics thing don't and why would I tell u my year

10:35pm
but you're in yr 9 at [school] with her right?

10:35pm
I don't know cos I Lyie

10:36pm
and her shoes?
they're mine!
we match :):)

10:36pm
There yours
J
Yeh what's ebbed
Evver

10:36pm
huh?
no, really, we have the same shoes on purpose

10:37pm
Don't worry see ya tomorrow lyre

10:37pm
i don't understand!
i truly am confused

10:39pm
Stop talking to me

[around this time, I was also tag-teamed by R's friend X. This friend has a history of disliking me, since she maintains it is my fault she receives notifications about games I play, despite my telling her how to fix the problem. X asks me where I'm from, how old I am, and generally swears at me maintaining that I'm lying about my identity. I want to keep R in conversation for as long as possible, as J and I are becoming more and more amused by their general behaviour. J has decided to tell them I have hacked her Facebook, though how this would result in me not being me I have no idea. Of course, they believe it.]

10:39pm
but you started the conversation!

10:39pm
Ok bye p

10:40pm
well, i really am not J

10:41pm
Bye

10:41pm
okay, bye
but i'm still not sure who you are exactly

[I think R interprets this as a grab for information, as if I were some sort of internet pervert. You know, as if all the information I could ever want wasn't stored on her profile]

10:42pm
Get lost

10:43pm
i'm not asking you to tell me, just making a statement
and that's rude, you know

[I decided at this point that I would deal with her in the manner in which I dealt with childhood bullies- pointing out the flaws in her arguments, as well as her manners, spelling and grammar]

10:43pm
Don't care cos u r a lyier wanna kn who I am go in my profile
:P:P

10:44pm
i know your name, i'm simply unsure how i know you in the first place
but i don't expect you to answer

10:46pm
I'm R
I dint know

10:46pm
i know you're R
it says so
just like i'm grace
i guess through J

10:47pm
Yeh she said she haked ur fb

10:48pm
how curious
i guess we're both on at the same timeiqwVED;uikBFD;f'

10:48pm
Who me

10:48pm
the virus

10:48pm
Hmm

10:49pm
hmm?

10:49pm
What the he'll r u talking bout
?

10:50pm
oh, ignore the random letter thing, my computer just does that sometimes

10:50pm
Ok

10:50pm
viruses are awful

10:50pm
I'm gonna go bye I'm tired

10:50pm
oh, are you friends with someone named X?

10:50pm
Why

10:50pm
she was talking to me and you were mentioned
i'm not sure how i know her either
10:50pm
Oh yeh I am what did she say

10:51pm
she just said that she wanted to know how i knew you too
i just thought it was strange that you both were asking me the same questions

10:52pm
Ok i really don't know who u r
Why dint u have pics of urself of ur profile

10:52pm
because i'm insecure about my body
but there are tagged pics by other people

10:53pm
I want to see who u r
How do u know J

10:53pm
guides
we're best buddes :):)
and there are pics of me tagged somewhere
i suppose if you were looking you'd be able to find them
it's all on my profile, like you said before
i'm quite fond of this one though
[link to genuine but indistinguishable picture]

10:56pm
Ok in gonna go bye

10:56pm
huh?
why?
we're having an exchange of information

10:57pm
Ok I'm tiers
D

10:58pm
tiers? why, what a terrible accident that must have been!
how does one split oneself into tiers anyway?

10:58pm
Omg ur dumb

10:59pm
me? why? unless you meant tears...

10:59pm
I ment tierd

10:59pm
then i suppose you could construe my reaction as 'dumb', but it was really an honest mistake
tiered? past tense?
you mean you're no longer in tiers?  [badum-dum]

11:00pm
I dint care

[When all else fails, confuse people with intrinsic vocabulary]

11:00pm
what?
i'm not sure i can discern your meaning

11:01pm
I don't care
Tell someone that cares

11:01pm
oh, i understand now
thanks for clearing that up!
:):)
what an awful misunderstanding we had there

11:02pm
Ur gay

11:02pm
excuse me?

11:03pm
What

11:03pm
i actually find such use of the term offensive
no need to be rude

11:04pm
Well stop acting dumb

11:04pm
i'm not acting 'dumb', as you put it

11:04pm
I'm going ur a Waste of time

11:04pm
again, i'm offended
first you begin a conversation, accuse me of being somebody else, and you insult me!

11:05pm
I'm so deleting u as a friend
R has gone ashore.11:05pm

11:05pm
if that's the way you feel, you can do what you wish 
Your chat message wasn't sent because Ruby is offline.
[I then sent this as a message to her inbox, and she returns, still thinking I'm J playing an extravagant joke]
Ruby be on board11:06pm

11:06pm
Ok whatever I'm sorry ok
Bye bye see u tomorrow   
11:08pm
well, i won't but i'm sure you''l see J
Ruby has gone ashore.11:08pm
 

This conversation lasted over half an hour, and she still believes I'm J. 
So far, she has not followed through in her defriending. 

No comments:

Post a Comment